I literally only blogged once last week and it was this post- Weekly Wishes! Oops. I haven’t answered comments/ emails either. I’ll get to them soon, promise! This past week has been wild- in a good way! After eleventy billion hours and just as many dollars, my classroom is all set up and looking adorable and ready for kids tomorrow! Of course during the work day I had professional development and all that but I found time (aka Saturday) to buckle down and get it all ready. I’ll be sure to post some better pictures after tomorrow, I forgot to take very many when I was in there before.
Last week, my goals were to:
1) Enjoy getting to know and getting used to my new school! This definitely happened. There are still some tension points but I know all of the administrative issues will fade to the back of my mind once I meet all of my new babies!
2) Not cry at school. I didn’t! I didn’t cry once this week! I’m so proud.
3) Make some time for myself at some point this week. I did try to do this. Not as much as I should have, but I did.
This week, I want to:
1) Get to know my students! Ahh! I’ve spent all this time writing their names on a hundred different things around the room and their IEPs and such- I’m excited to meet all the little humans that go with these names!
2) Get all my homework done for my grad school class! This should be easier this week with less meetings.
3) Continue to try to make time for myself- yoga, blogging, reading, walking, something!
4) Keep up (at least mostly) with the Blog-tember challenge!
That being said- I’m going to try out this whole blog-tember thing. I can’t promise I won’t totally quit halfway through but it’s the thought that counts, right? Right.
Today’s prompt is:
Sept 1st: Imagine the front sleeve of a hard cover novel. Give us your “About the Author” so we can get to know one another, and for fun tell us what your imaginary novel would be about.
In this really awesome fictional world where I am a real-life writer of a novel (my emotional 17 year old self would be so proud) I feel like my bio on that front little sleeve would be kept short and sweet.
“Destiny grew up wanting to be Beyonce. She’s still working on that. Thanks for reading.”
OR a haiku because my novel-writing self would be cool like that.
I came here to write.
I will give you such a fright.
Love me and my cat.
Ok, so maybe not really, but it’s a Monday morning and that’s just about the most fun sleeve bio I can think of right now.
My novel would of course actually be an autobiography because we all know if bloggers like to do one thing it’s write about their live- or at least the entertaining parts!
Do you have a better one for me? What would your author bio say? Let me read them (and your books)!