Oh Monday, I know you get a bad rap, but this week, you’re looking pretty sweet. This whole week I get to hard-core plan and hang out with my family. If that doesn’t sound good then I just don’t know what will. I’m so lucky to have this time to come home- to my parents’ home- and relax in the place that will always feel the most comforting. Having summers off (somewhat, anyway) is a teacher perk I’m already quite enjoying. Of course, working on my computer a lot of the time isn’t idea, but at least it can be done in my yoga pants with a dog on my lap or at my feet- usually both!
Last week, my goals were to
1) Bike more! – Yes yes! I’ve had glorious 5am bike rides every day this past week. Oh, life is sweet in these moments.
2) Get a new phone! Done! I’m already so in love with this phone. It actually works all the time and does what I want! Imagine that?
3) Spend as much time as possible with my family. Continuous. Working from my laptop means I get to hang out with Daddy all day while he watches TV and such, and it’s the best best best. This time is so precious to me. I really can’t imagine a better way to spend my days.
4) Focus on myself and things that make me really happy and feel good. Oh yes. I’ve been seeing friends, making plans for myself, biking and doing yoga on a daily basis and making myself feel GOOD.
This week, I’m going to try to:
1) Keep biking/jogging/walking in combination with yoga at least 4 days a week. Since I’m going it early in the morning before it gets too hot, sometimes I can convince myself to sleep 30 min afterward and then it feels like a brand new day. EXTRA good.
2) Keep on spending as much time as possible with the family. It’s been so good to be home. Sometimes I forget just how much I love visiting this little town.
3) Get all my TFA paperwork done. There’s still quite a bit left to do on the legal side of hiring and getting started and all that. I’m hoping to figure this all out this week!
4) Try and get more contacts for people at my new school. Part of TFA and teaching in general is being super flexible. Right now this means not knowing A) who our new principal will be, B) anything about my new students, and C) if I will have a co-teacher/who that will be. I’m going to reach out to some of my TFA contacts and see if I can’t get some sort of info. I suppose I’ll find out everything soon enough- the first day of school is approaching fast!
That’s it for this week! I’m looking forward to this week of more relaxation and working on making myself happy while I don’t have many other responsibilities.
What are your goals for the week? Let me know and link up with Melyssa for more encouragement!