Good Monday Morning!
This morning I woke up refreshed and ready for a busy day. So far, so good. I’m hoping to keep this positive momentum going throughout the rest of the week! This weekend I took my biggest SpEd licensure exam, and I honestly have no idea how I did on it! It seemed that not a lot of what I studied was on the exam, so I guess we’ll just see how it went in a few weeks when I am able to get my results.
Other than that, Sunday was a relaxing Easter. Got some grocery shopping done and some serious thinking and planning on what the future holds for me in Chicago. Like any good raconteur, I have to share one of the most hilarious parts. When I cook, I do it big. Windows open, music loud- not a lot can distract me. However, at one point I looked out the window and saw something that made me stop what I was doing and do a double-take to make sure it was real.
A man with piercings in his face and tattoos on his arms was walking his dogs down the road. Now, that’s not really anything to take a second look at. However, he was wearing bright yellow shorts and a tank top, and had GIANT bunny ears on his head! It was the most entertaining thing I’d seen all day. Happy Easter, indeed!
And with that, let’s take a look at how I did with last week’s wishes! They were rollover wishes from the previous week, and I’m happy to be able to say that I did much better this week!
1) Get 2 weeks worth of blog posts planned and written. Planned- DONE. Written- Mostly done! Still have some writing to do but that’s ok. I’ve got the next month planned out in my planner though so it should be ok!
2) Study for my SpEd licensure exams. I definitely did a lot of this! Even if it didn’t help much, I felt more confident going into the exam at least!
3) Drink more water. I’ll still keep working on this, but I did do better at work about keeping hydrated. It’s just so easy to forget to drink while sitting at a desk all day.
And on to this week’s wishes!
1) Get more sleep. I’ve been staying up way too late lately and my body can feel it! No more of this. I need to try to be in bed by 10pm every night if I’m going to feel good in the morning.
2) Keep up with my P90X3 workouts. I’ve been doing again after my reset but I know it’s going to get harder. I just have to keep pushing myself and telling myself it will be worth it in the end.
3) Wash my face every night. I’ve fallen into a habit of just going to bed with a face full of make up still on from the workday and just washing it off in the mornings. I want to try to wash my face every morning AND night now. I think my face deserves it!
4) Journal every other night. I need to take time for myself to write out everything that’s going on in my head. I’ve had so much on my mind lately that I can’t keep myself focused on the things that matter most. I think giving myself a place to dump out everything I’m thinking will help with that.
I think I’ll stop at that for this week. It’s all about taking better care of myself mentally and physically this week. I know I can’t work my best or be the best version of me for other people if I’m not taking care of myself.
Today’s word has been raconteur, a person skilled in telling anecdotes.