You know it’s going to be a good day when…
– You wake up with Tubthumping in your head… I get knocked down, but I get up again, you’re never gonna get me down!
– You open your closet and the perfect outfit jumps out to you.
– You get your eyeliner even on the first try.
– Your carpool suggests a coffee stop on the way to work.
– Brunch is ever involved.
– Or it’s the day after grocery shopping and you have ALL THE THINGS.
– You find $5 in the pocket of a pair of jeans you haven’t worn in a while.
– You get to the train right as it pulls up.
– Your students show up to school having gotten enough sleep the night before (I’m dreaming!)
– You get to wake up to your body’s own sleep rhythm instead of an alarm
– Your daddy is flying into town!
Oh, is that one just me?
Dad’ll be here today, but I won’t see him till Friday thanks to 10 hour days and 2 hour classes afterward! (Still telling myself it’ll all be worth it!)
I’m so excited to be able to spend some time with him this weekend and show him the city that I’m just now starting to get to know! It means so much to me to have this time with him. Being so far away from family makes things hard, but visits like this make things infinitely better. I’m so lucky to be able to see him!
What makes a good day for you?
Coffee? Family? Brunch? All of the above?
Let’s make today a good one. I’ll be spending the day in “teacher school” getting ready for next year. Wednesdays are my one day a week not in the classroom so it’ll be interesting to see what I come back to on Thursdays!
Linking up today with Lisa and Brittany!