The lovely Kat of Lemonade Linings nominated me for a Liebster award! As I’ve already done a post on the Liebster award, I think it will still be good to answer these questions and share a little bit more about myself with my readers! I did this last time and it was super fun.
And since this is my little corner of the internet and I do what I want, I’m going to answer both the questions Kat answered and the ones she asked. It’s guaranteed to be a fun time! If you think this would be a fun post to fill out, I nominate YOU to write one up next! Tell me 11 things about yourself and answer 11 of these questions!
1. What’s your favorite part about blogging?
I know this is totally cliche but really and truly, the community I’ve found through blogging. It’s amazing to know that around the country (and some parts of the world) there are people reading my words and following along with my life’s adventures. It’s also so much fun to be able to look back on what I’ve written in the past.
2. What football team will you be cheering on this fall?
Seattle Seahawks and Dallas Cowboys. I know, judge away.
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Oh my goodness. SO many places! I think I’d like to try living in Vietnam for a while.
4. What’s the best piece of blogging advice you have for new bloggers?
Oh gosh I still feel like a new blogger myself. I think the main thing I would say is to not get caught up in statistics and page views. Just blog for yourself and to get your words out there. Remember why you started.
5. Best season: Fall, Summer, Spring or Winter?
Fall! I mean I love summer too, but fall is just so perfect. Not too cold but still I”m not dying of heat.
6. Are you guilty of texting and driving? Don’t lie!
Nope! I used to when I was younger, now I just don’t want to take the risk!
7. If you were 18 and in college again, and know what you know now, what would you major in?
Public Health, all over again. Except I would go ahead and get a minor in Education. I really loved college and my degree but I would love to have had a little more background in what I’m doing now!
8. Have you, or do you aspire to ever run a full marathon?
BAHAHA NO. I’ve done some 5ks and have a goal of a 10k. But that’s really as much as I’d like to do.
9. What’s your favorite beverage?
Water all day err day. With ice, please.
10. What was your biggest blogging mistake?
I think, in the beginning I just didn’t post enough. I wasn’t really serious about blogging so I only posted like twice a month. Now, I try to post more but not so much that I get burnt out on blogging. I don’t know how some people do 5 posts a week! I guess I’ll never be at that cool kids table. I’m okay with that.
11. Your house is on fire and you have time to grab three things – what are they?
Well, I’m assuming we’re talking about my new apartment and my roommate is capable of getting herself out? If so, I’d grab my phone, my laptop, and and my laundry basket because let’s be real most of the clothes i usually wear are in there clean or dirty.
1. If you could only eat one food for a whole week, what would it be?
Potatoes. In all the different ways they can be cooked!
2. What is your biggest fear?
Loneliness. Not being alone, because sometimes I love that, but loneliness.
3. If a movie was made about your life, what actress would portray you?
Probably Mindy Kaling. She’s sassy, classy, witty and totally gorgeous.
4. How do you spend your ideal Saturday?
Sleeping in, hanging out with my dogs, a long walk or bike ride, dinner with friends, bed by 11.
5. What is your favorite movie of all time?
The Princess Bride, hands down, every time.
6. What is the most important thing you’ve learned since starting your blog?
Before I began blogging, I really didn’t think anyone other than my mother (Hi, Mom!) would be interested in what I’m writing and what’s happening in my life. I’ve learned that there’s such a community to be found here and friendships that I never could have made without this little blog.
7. What is one item you’re dying to have in your closet right now?
Have you seen this dress? Ugh I want it so bad. I mean really all of their dresses are amazing but that one in particular has been speaking to me lately.
8. You are given a $100 gift card to Target. What do you buy?
Girl, you are speaking my language! I’d treat myself to some new eyeshadows and nail polishes, then hit up the clothing department for a new top or something. I love Target.
9. Where is one place you haven’t been that you’d love to visit on a vacation?
I already talked about Vietnam, but I’d also really like to visit Turkey or Jordan. So so many places I still have left to see in this world!
10. If you could only be active on one social media account (blog not included), which one would you choose?
A year ago, I would have never guessed I’d say this but- Twitter. I refused to give in to making an account for the longest time, but I’ve grown to love how connected I feel with it!
11. Cats or dogs?
BOTH. I’m a total cheater, I know, but I just can’t choose. My dogs are my absolute best friends, but my cat just cracks me up with his personality.
Now it’s your turn. Ready, set, go! And link up your post in the comments so I can see!